Stress and Resilience Laboratory Volunteer Research Assistant
San Francisco VA Medical Center/UCSF
Headed by PI Sabra Inslicht, Ph.D., the Stress and Resilience Laboratory at the San Francisco VA Medical Center/UCSF investigates the psychological and psychobiological processes, such as learning, memory, and hormone production, in men and women who have experienced a traumatic event.
We are currently seeking highly motivated and conscientious individuals to assist with multiple research projects in a high caliber academic environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in pursuing graduate or medical school. Individuals majoring in psychology, neuroscience, cell biology, computer science and engineering, as well as post-baccalaureate students are encouraged to apply.
Duties May Include:
- Recruiting, screening, tracking, and retention of study participants
- Scheduling/facilitating study visits with participants, including obtaining informed consent and adhering to all human subjects research regulations
- Administration of the study protocol involving a fear conditioning/psychophysiological task and biological sample collection (including blood, saliva,hair samples)
- Participate in all aspects of data collection and management, including entry, verification and analysis
- Assist with shipment and processing of biological samples to offsite laboratory, sample tracking,and correspondence with laboratories
- In the process of obtaining or possessing a BA/BS degree in psychology, cognitiveneuroscience, or a related field
- Possess minimum 1 year of prior research experience, preferably including psychophysiological measurement
- Ability to communicate with individuals of varying educational and social backgrounds about potentially sensitive issues.
- Knowledge of and experience with advertising and marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Familiarity with diagnostic and therapeutic issues related to PTSD
- Ability to commit at least 10-16 hours per week for 1 year (onsite at SFVAMC)
- U.S. Citizenship required
Please send a cover letter and résumé to the following email address, with the subject heading “Volunteer RA: Stress and Resilience Lab”: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our team and help conduct exciting research to develop new and more effective treatments for post-traumatic stress!